Personal Health Budgets
A Personal Health Budget (PHB) is an amount of money to support a person’s identified health and well-being needs. A PHB application is planned and agreed between the person, their representative or, in the case of children, their families, and Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). It is not new money; it is money that would normally have been spent by the NHS on the person’s care but used more flexibly to meet their identified needs.
If you have a PHB, you will be able to use it for a range of things to help you meet your health and well-being goals. For example, therapies, personal care and equipment. You will have control over your care and can co-ordinate it in a manner which supports your lifestyle and well-being.
NHS England guidance states that the people who fall under the following have the right to have a PHB, and be offered a direct payment:
- Adults eligible for Continuing Healthcare
- Children and young people eligible for Continuing Care
Outside of this, each locality was asked to create a wider local offer to allow more patients the opportunity for Personalised Care. In Trafford, this offer currently extends to the above and now includes:
- Adults accessing Community Learning Disability Team
- Adults accessing Community Mental Health Team
- Adults accessing Community Neuro Rehab Team
- Adults at end of life
- Adults under Section 117
- Patients under the Transforming Care agenda
- Children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Children and young people accessing Complex Needs Team
- Joint funded support and budgets.
Meet your team
The Personal Health Budgets Programme Office are:
- Merry Leslee: Head of Individualised Care / Personalisation Lead
- Henry Areo: Administrative Officer
- Vacant: Project Support Officer
Click here to view their profiles.
Who can I speak to for more information and advice about PHBs?
NHS Trafford CCG have a partnership with Healthwatch Trafford to provide information about Personal Health Budgets. Get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0300 999 0303, for further information.
For information about advocacy in relation to Personal Health Budgets, please contact Trafford Centre for Independent Living via email: email@example.com or phone: 0161 850 0645.
Please click on the latest Personal Health Budget information leaflet for further details.
What can’t it be spent on?
You cannot spend the money on:
- Anything illegal
- Statutory acute services
- Purchasing primary medical services provided by GP’s
- Covering urgent or emergency treatment or admissions to hospital
- Employing people in ways which breach employment regulations
- Purchasing goods or services which do not meet agreed outcomes
- Health assessments
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or counselling
Personalisation Support Services: Approved Provider List 2018/19.
The Approved Provider List is a list of providers who have demonstrated that they are able to offer quality services meeting the requirements of Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group (Trafford CCG).
Please see the links below for: