Please see the below links for information and guidance on domestic abuse:
- Adult Safeguarding and Domestic Abuse – A guide to support practitioners and managers
- Domestic Abuse Support Services in Trafford
- Greater Manchester Domestic Violence and Abuse Procedures
- Improving Safety Reducing Harm
- Trafford Independent Domestic Violence Advocats (IDVA) contact: 0161 912 2129
- Trafford’s Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy
- TSCB Domestic Abuse Joint Protocol
- Visit www.endthefear.co.uk for a wide range of resources to help people suffering from domestic abuse
Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC)
If someone is assessed as at very high risk of domestic abuse, (scoring very high on a standard risk assessment) they should be referred to the MARAC. The MARAC is a fortnightly meeting chaired by the police. It is intended to share information about very high risk clients in order to prevent serious harm, develop a safety plan, put all possible support in place and lower the risk as soon as possible. The meeting is attended by any organisations which may be involved in supporting victims, or which are connected with the perpetrator.
If the alleged victim of domestic abuse is a vulnerable adult then a referral must be made to Trafford Council’s safeguarding team before onward referral to the MARAC.