Healthcare in Greater Manchester is changing and the Healthier Together team need your views in order to make it better for you.
Healthier Together is a review of health and social care and is part of a wider public service reform, seeking to improve outcomes for all Greater Manchester (GM) residents across the ten metropolitan boroughs of Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan and the cities of Manchester and Salford.
Health and social care leaders from across Greater Manchester have been working together to review the services they offer and the way they are delivered. This has sought to provide the best possible standards of care whilst balancing the rising demand on services within the limited health and social care resources available.
Healthier Together wants to improve the quality of treatment in and out of hospital under integrated care, primary care and hospital care, through a programme of reconfiguration.
Changes already happening in Trafford
- Urgent & Enhanced Care Teams established providing step up and down support to patients, including in reach into acute Trusts to facilitate discharge
- Integration & co-location of Health & Social Care teams, under joint management
- Integrated Discharge Team at Trafford General Hospital
- Neighbourhood footprints agreed
- Procurement of Trafford Patient Care Coordination Centre
- RAID services established
- Implementation of Alternative to Transfer (ATT) care plan and Mastercall pilot
Next steps in Trafford
- Better Care Fund
- Frail & Older People Programme
- End of Life Programme
- Health and Wellbeing Hub
- Phased implementation of Primary Care Strategy across neighbourhood footprints
- Implement the Patient Care Coordination Centre (2015)
- Social Services Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Implementations of Stroke Supported Early Discharge Service
- Diabetes Strategy
- Implementation of Risk Stratification tool
- Implementation of Electronic Clinical Correspondence
Trafford CCG published Healthier Together news articles
- Healthier Together Joint Committee Public Meeting Dates 2016 – 9 February 2016
- Healthier Together: Legal challenge aims to overturn plans to improve health services – 8 December 2015
- Healthier Together update – 30 November 2015
- Still time to have your say on Healthier Together proposals
- Two further Public Events arranged for Trafford People to learn more about the biggest health shake-up GM has ever seen
- Trafford Residents Urged to ‘have their say’ on Greater Manchester Health Changes
- Healthier Together needs your help!
- Healthier Together’s reponse to recent criticism
- Prime Minister urges public to have their say on Healthier Together
- Healthier Together Information Bus in Stretford on Friday 25 July
- If you could change something about your health service what would it be?
Healthier Together publications
- Consultation document
- Easy read consultation document