Compliments, queries, concerns, complaints

Trafford CCG welcomes suggestions, queries, comments, concerns or complaints.

Telling us what you think about your experience are important ways of receiving feedback to help us to improve the services we provide and share good practice where we do things well.

We always aim to make sure you get the service that you need, when you need it and we expect the organisation’s providing services on our behalf to deliver a high quality service.

What if I want to compliment a service or make a general comment?

You can telephone or write to the Patient Experience Matters Team who will ensure your compliment’s are passed onto the staff concerned. Their contact details are at the bottom of this page.

How do I raise a concern or complaint?

In the first instance we would suggest the Patient Advice and Liaison Service. They are a confidential information and advice service for patients, relatives and carers.

Alternatively, you should talk to the staff immediately involved in your care, or another member of staff such as a doctor, nurse, receptionist, practice manager, care manager or team leader.

Whoever you ask to look into your concern or complaint will do their best to sort out the problem as quickly as possible. They will be careful to make sure that any information about you is kept confidential and that complaining will not adversely affect any further care and treatment. Details of your comments or complaint will not be held on your health records.

What if I’m not sure if I want to make a complaint?

That’s OK, if you aren’t sure whether or not you wish to make a complaint or if the Patient Advice Liaison Service might be able to help, then get in touch and we can talk you thorough the options available to you.

Who are the Patient Advice Liaison Service and how can they help?

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service is there to help when you need advice, have concerns or don’t know where to turn. They can also provide general information about NHS services.

They can often sort out your concerns quickly but can also provide advice on what to do if your issue requires a more detailed investigation, or if the matter you wish to raise is best dealt with by another NHS organisation.

Click here to find out more and how to get in touch.

If you don’t wish to contact the Patient Advice Liaison Service but do wish to make a complaint then wherever possible you should talk to the staff immediately involved in your care, or another member of staff such as a doctor, nurse, receptionist, practice manager, care manager or team leader.

How to make a complaint

Complaints can be made in writing (including by email) or verbally and may be made on your behalf by someone else.

If someone is making the complaint on your behalf and we need to disclose confidential information to investigate the complaint, we will always need to seek your consent first. This is to protect your confidentiality.

We will try to sort out any problems quickly and (where possible) to your satisfaction.

Where a complaint cannot be promptly resolved, we will agree an investigation and timescale with you and keep you informed of progress.

If your complaint is about something that the CCG can’t look into then we will advise you on the process in which you can raise any concerns you have.

To find out more about making a complaint, click here.

Trafford Community Services

To make an enquiry or complaint about Trafford Community Services, please use the following contact details:

Telephone: 0161 975 4753



FAO Governance Manager
Trafford Provider Services
Meadway Health Centre
M33 4PS

If you would like to contact the Patient Experience Matters team you can either:

  • Telephone the team on: 0161 873 9577
  • Send an email to:
  • Write to us at: Patient Experience Matters, 1st Floor, Crossgate House, Cross Street, Sale, M33 7FT

If you wish to email it would be helpful to know whether this is to:

  • Submit a compliment
  • Make an enquiry (including a Patient Advice and Liaison query)
  • Raise a concern
  • Make a complaint / find out how to make a complaint

To assist us in dealing with your concern as efficiently as possible please provide us with the following information:

  • Your contact details
  • Your preferred method of contact e.g. telephone call, email or by letter
  • The organisation and department concerned
  • Please confirm if you are the patient