Subject Access Requests

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you, or someone acting on your behalf with your consent, have a right to request access to view or obtain a copy of any personal information we hold about you.

An individual does not have the right to access information recorded about someone else, unless they are an authorised representative (acting under a Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection Order), have parental responsibility, or are acting on behalf of a deceased person (Access to Records Act 1990).

This could include a request for:

Examples of requests  Which team may hold this information
Details of an incident or a complaint reported to the CCG Customer Care and Experience Team
A staff personal file The CCG’s HR Consultant (for current staff)
Department of Health (for former Trafford Primary Care Trust staff)
A clinical assessment / patient record Continuing Healthcare Team
Scheduled Care Team
North West Effective Use of Resources (EUR) Team
GP records Primary Care Team
Medicine Management Team
NHS England (Lancashire and Greater Manchester Area Team)
Email correspondence about someone Any team within the CCG
Any other personal information the CCG holds Any team within the CCG

A subject access request must be made in writing and can be submitted via email, fax, post, social media or online forms. The requestor does not need to state or refer to “Subject Access Request” or the “Data Protection Act” when making a request; however, it may help to ensure requests are processed without delay if they do state “Subject Access Request” in correspondence.

NHS Trafford CCG must respond to a subject access request promptly and in any event within 40 calendar days of receiving it. When responding to a request, it is an offence to alter the material before it is released. There maybe a charge to have a copy of your record provided, however you will be informed of this prior to your record being disclosed.

If NHS Trafford CCG does not respond appropriately to requests for personal information, the requestor could make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

For further information about how to make a Subject Access Request, please see our Subject Access Request Policy and Procedure.

If you wish to make your request in writing, please fill out our Subject Access Request Form and send to:

NHS Trafford CCG
Governance Support Officer
1st Floor, Crossgate House
Cross Street
M33 7FT

Please make sure your written request includes the following information:

  • First Name(s)
  • Family Name
  • Address
  • Description of the Information you would like a copy of
  • In what format you would like to receive information (e.g. paper copies, electronically, view files on site)